Are you fed up with your mundane daily life? Do you want an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city? If the answer is yes, then pack up everyone! It is time for hiking!
But hold on a second, guys!
Because hiking is no piece of cake. If you want to get the best out of your hiking trip, you have to own suitable gears. And guess what? Hiking boots top the chart of things that can make or break your experience.
If you are pondering over how to choose hiking boots, scroll down to find out more in our comprehensive guide!
Types of hiking boots
Different types of hiking boots can bring about a unique hiking experience.
There is a variety of hiking boots available on the market, which means you have to do your homework and figure out which style fits you best. Let’s have a look at the most typical types of hiking boots below.
- Hiking shoes. If your trip is light and short in distance, maybe a pair of hiking shoes will serve your needs. They are low-cut models with midsoles designed to make light hiking trips less challenging.
- Day hiking boots. Day hiking boots are the most ideal for those of you who want to travel more than just a few kilometers. They are either mid-cut to high-cut models, which are flexible and more endurable than hiking shoes.
- Backpacking shoes. Backpacking shoes are the most wear-resistant type of hiking boots since they come with wraps to protect the ankles. And do not forget about the stiff midsoles. They are here for ultra support!
The material used in hiking boots
Once you have determined your type of hiking boots, it is vital to pick out the suitable material. If you don’t get it right, you might risk experiencing discomfort on your feet.
- Full-grain leather. Unless you are about to start a rigorous long-distance hiking trip, you are not likely to come across this material. Full-grain leather provides the highest level of endurance, which means it can last for a long time. Once putting on a pair of full-grain leather boots, rest assured that you have the best waterproof shield. While it can be stiff and cumbersome, full-grain leather ensures the sturdiness of your footwear.
- Split-grain leather. If you cannot afford a full-grain leather pair of hiking boots, maybe you can make do with a split-grain leather one! Here, the leather is combined with nylon (or any other compatible synthetic material). And the result? You will have a much lighter pair of shoes, but it still breathes of high-quality.
- Synthetic material. The majority of modern footwear designers use synthetic material to craft their products. Polyester or nylon are both common textures that you can afford in an average pair of hiking boots. They are the lightest type of shoes, and they are more well-ventilated.
Hiking boots fit
Make sure your hiking boots give your feet a snug cover.
The best hiking boots are the ones that cover your entire feet, while still leave some breathing space for your toes. Make sure you have measured everything carefully, and get your correct size!
Genders also play a role when it comes to choosing your hiking boots. It turns out that manufacturers have a different design for men and women. You can browse through some websites to see which deals are at your disposal.
Even if you have extra large feet, do not feel embarrassed! There are always items designed to accommodate your needs, so worry not!
A sturdy pair of hiking boots can boost your hiking performance, and make it easier for you to reach the top. Now that you have read this article, we hope you will soon be able to own your most fantastic hiking boots ever!
If you find our advice helpful, please do not hesitate to bookmark it for later use, or share it with your friends. After all, everyone needs some professional help when it comes to hiking!